Premium SYP WellDone decks are durable for 35 years due to our patented thermo-treatment process. This process uses extremely high temperatures 400 degrees F with no chemicals added. Unlike pressure-treatment WellDone Decks are 100% Green product. The thermo-treatment changes wood on a molecular level to make it durable and dimensionally stable. The equilibrium moisture content (EMC) is reduced to 4-6%. The treatment burns poly-sugars and makes wood water repellent on a molecular level; thermo-treated wood becomes naturally durable and stable. The wood changes color to gold tint that is consistent beyond the surface.
We thermo-treat Clear (Prime) Grade SYP, then carefully mill boards and in addition, we wire brush face of the boards to accent the beauty of wood grain and to make a textured anti-slip surface. Then we apply wood oil with UV protection to all four sides.
Versus pressure-treated decks: WellDone Decking is 100% Green product, doesn’t crack, shrink and swell as pressure-treated lumber.
Versus composite: WellDone Decking is not overheating under sunlight and it is a real wood.
Versus exotic woods: WellDone Decking is much lighter in weight, easier to work with, more stable in sizes and better in appearance.
WellDone Decking is priced at the same level as pressure-treated kiln-dried SYP decks and are much cheaper than exotics and composite.
WellDone Decking is the natural wood product and can be installed with self-tapping screws down; hidden clips (require biscuit-jointer to make small groves) or tiger claw clips. We recommended re-oiling once in 1-2 years to prevent UV fading and seasonal surface checking.
Decks of 8' long you may order online with one click.
For 12' and 16' decks we should quote shipping cost manually - please send your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org to get a shipping quote first.
4-Sides Oiled Thermo-Treated WellDone Pine Decking (per LF)
- Well Done Decking is naturally durable for 35 years due to our thermo-treatment process;
- Dimensional stability increased 5-10 times;
- Product requires less maintenance;
- Dramatically reduced warping and cracking;
- Light in weight (2.5 lbs/SF);
- Reduced combustibility (Class B fire rating);
- Improved resistance to termites;
- Janka Hardness – 900 Lbf.
FOUR-SIDES FACTORY OILING ADVANTAGES:
- Makes product ready to use;
- Prevents fading of color under sunlight;
- Prevents seasonal surface checking;
- Makes wood grain sound and attractive;
- Our free FOUR sides oiling saves you $2-4/SF which contractors usually charge for ONE-side surface oiling on site; oiling of the back side is extremely important to increase a lifetime of your decking.